Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yeah it's slow...

This quote from Murilee on Japlonik had me laughing all by myself at my desk this afternoon...

"The 24 Hours of LeMons Chief Perp, Jay Lamm, drove a caged, Hammerite-painted, Conrad Stevenson-ized '71 GTV as his everyday transportation for many years, and I can say from personal experience that it's a helluva car. Oh sure, I've been a passenger in the thing when Jay lost a freeway-onramp drag race against an older woman in a 5-year-old Accord who didn't even know we were racing, but the GTV sounded amazing! And that pretty much sums up the GTV Experience: by modern standards, it's pretty slow… but who the hell cares?"

This perfectly sums up my drive to work in the 128.

4 comments:

JC Ellis said...

Thus is revealed the genius of the Italian Driving Experience...

I took my wife for her first ride in my 3P last Sunday. We are roaring down Hwy W, exhaust blaring, wind howling, car shuddering. I lean over and shout to her, "So, how fast are we going?"

"I don't know. 65 or 70?"

"Nope. 45!"

All the excitement of driving around at 9/10th's...none of the speeding tickets. It really is genius!

Superasiaone said...

Excellent! Send pics of your 3P and I'll post it on the blog.

JC Ellis said...

Happy to send some pics...where should I send them?

Superasiaone said...

send them to mayuko.saul"at"gmail"dot"com