Thursday, January 17, 2008

100 mile an hour boom-box or the “boyz in the hood” go racing.

There are quite a lot of things to consider when constructing a race car: brakes, suspension, fire and fuel systems not to mention an engine that will stay together at high speeds for 24 hours.

The one thing over looked or just totally ignored is a good sound system. I’m not talking about exhaust here. I talking a really great stereo system with powerful amplifiers and living room sized speakers. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I always seem to drive faster when I’m surrounded by great music. No Henry Mancini or Barry Manilow, I’m talking classics like The Doors, Rolling Stones (got some Puerto Rican gals just dying to meet ya!) Led Zeppelin. I want to hear Magic Carpet Ride, Born to be Wild, L.A. Woman. Give me real Rock & Roll!

Lucky for us this Tr-7 came equipped with an 8- track (yes folks, an 8-track!) player. For those of you unfamiliar with this type of device, please google. We have dumped the anemic door speakers and now are on the hunt for some decent equipment. We are limited to $500. for the cost of the car but there is no restrictions on the sound system We plan to install speakers in every open orifice in our beast so we may share our love of fine music with our racing cohorts while we trash their butts during the entire race. This will also make pit stops more enjoyable while our bevy of almost naked race groupies go-go dance to the beat of the true legends of music history.

Tony Lazzarini-Race Car Driver

Refuse to grow up and refuse to die!”

No comments: